Hi! How are you, my dear self?
Remember the last few months of
2022? Remember the exile of 2023? Remember the spirals of 2024? Remember the
snap of 2025?
Can we safely breathe right now?
Do you still cry over the songs
of 2012 – 2022?
Does your music seem all too
alone without the songbird?
Do your late nights and idle moments
serve as time machines to moments gone?
Is the bed too cold? Is the bed
too lonely?
How’s the heart by the way? Does
it still rest easy knowing the smile that wakes it is gone?
Do the spaces between each finger look too empty? Do you still remember the last time you held a hand so dearly?
Remember the embrace that kept
you warm amid a sunny day? Remember the embrace that kept you whole under the
rain?
It was not a lonely day talking to
the person that brightens your world, right?
Can you still hear the echoes of giggling
and playful laughter?
Was it annoying every time you
fought with each other, but was it heartwarming when apologies fanned the fumes?
I know 2026 has to come. I know
that as long as I live, there are more years to come.
And if I am met with a slow death,
allow me to live again, in brief, 2012 – 2022.
And if death comes quick, please
let my soul swim across oceans of time just to wander along that decade.
If I happen to see you again, can
I just ask, "How are you?" Can you let me say my final sorry?
Legalities may make the world
forget what we once were. May it also break you free from a world of despair.
But “within there’s every little memory
resting calm within me”, the heartbeat of a time that was, still echoes out of
deep respect and love for rarely had I felt alive, and it was under your care
that I lived and loved dearly.
Thank you, dear love . . . babe. May we live
on to see what life has in store for each of us, not anymore for us both.
But do know, I wish you well, and I carry that speck of joy within me.
Comments
Post a Comment