Skip to main content

Merry Monday of May Musings


I am a person who is hard to himself in experiencing happiness. Oftentimes, I shove away the opportunities that came which supposedly make me feel jubilant. However, I had never felt a great sense of joy not until I know Johannah Joy. There was no other way for me but to love her and it felt awesome to be loved in return. There is indeed no greater feeling than to know and feel that one is loved. Ever since we got married, every waking moment is worth it. The sun greets me with the illumination of her face besides mine on bed. The presence warms me, assures me that this person is willing to live with me until I die. The day is not complete if it does not start with her when I wake up and does not end with her when I am to close my eyes. Other than my family whom I hold dear, she too shares the same spot. The spot where I am afraid to lose people. There is no greater joy than having my wife and seeing her face and knowing that I am loved. I treasure her. If my treasure seems to be far, my heart pounds as if it is going to exit my body. As they say, for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. I love her so much!

The why of my life is my wife (whylife – whyfe – wife, just playing with words). Money cannot buy her smile and when she does so, I get it for free and best when it is for or because of me. Looking at her is also looking at my responsibility, the need to take care of her, serve her and keep her smiling. In my despair she gives me light although at times I am so hardheaded. Her voice is endearing and I know it is for all because she is kind but I feel special because she chose to be with me for all of my life while being kind. The world became colorful because of her and I too slowly learn to be kind for she infected me with it. It is heartwarming to continually know that she is mine and I am hers. With that, I am even ashamed to unleash my anger in front of her because she is too fragile. I am always reminded to take care of her, to let her feel my love. It is time to step into her long desire for us. It is time to let go of the egotistical Karl and follow the lead of my wife for a better life. She is now the ultimate center of the why of my life.

Why does she kiss me in the morning? Why does she kiss me before we sleep? Why does she randomly kiss me? Why does she play with my belly fat? Why does she nag me to make me do exercises? Why does she call me when we are far? Why does she cook for me? Why does she tell me to have a haircut? Why does she call me when she needs help? Why does she massage my back? Why does she tell me to massage her back? Why does she remind me to eat? Why does she listen to me when I have problems? Why does she dream about our future? Why does she take care of me when I get sick? Why does she call me ‘babe’? Why does she dream of having babies with me as the father? Why does she “sleep with me”? Why does she hug me often? Why does she tell me that she sleeps better when I am beside her? Why does she throw her mood swings at me? Why does she want to have a date with me? Why does she take a photo of me while sleeping? Why does she do the laundry sometimes? Why does she tell me to wear nice clothes?

Because she loves me! The things she would do for love.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Article Review on Elinita Garcia's "Gabriel Marcel: Primary and Secondary Reflection"

Summary:             Gabriel Marcel is a known French existentialist. His co-Frenchman, Jean-Paul Sartre, distinguished existentialism into two which were coined as  atheistic  and  theistic  (Christian) wherein Sartre did mention Marcel as part of the latter in lecture on Existentialism a Humanism . Marcel is a Christian existentialist because he included the divine even amidst the infamous perception of existentialism as godless. Moreover, he is also known for his non-systematic philosophy where he pointed out that the philosophical discipline starts from where one is (referring to the particularity of the situation); therefore, it is not from metaphysical assumptions or already laid down theories.             Marcel’s thoughts talk about the importance and the necessity of reflection wherein he divides it into two as a) primary reflection and b) secondary reflection. Reflection for Marcel is “nothing other than attention, i.e. directed towards this sort of small break

Fin?

  Last 2012, there were hearts on fire that both had their first shared flame in an unlikely place. I was thirsty for love coming from being dormant while she was searching for a redemption from a series of broken hearts. Both struggled to find their place. Both trying to live their lives free from the hideous chains of a dark home. I must admit that I fell for her beauty and add to that, her care. As we both clasped our hands, it was a committed long shot to have the perfect rest for our hearts. It was a bit strange to have an affair under the noses of all that is forbidden both profession and a line of faith. Nothing was wrong as long both were in the ecstasy of love – no malice, no foul play, no trespassing of wills. That moment was a perfect episode in a romantic film – one where young love sprang amidst treacherous circumstances. We lived through the happiness of newfound belongingness and the battle of keeping that alive. 4 years before the wedlock were filled with ups and do

Bertrand Russell and the Sense of Sin

Introduction             Ethics is this study of what is good and what is bad and throughout the course of history it had also its shares of disputes and animosities. But beneath all of it is that ethics is a means in order to arrive at happiness or the good life. Because we have to act correspondingly or in a certain manner wherein we can get to attain harmony within ourselves especially regarding to our conscience or in harmony with others in order to keep relationships or ultimately to preserve one’s self or to attain such security whether externally and that is in relation with others or internally or personal satisfaction. Our actions are guided by principles of which we take actions correspondingly but the question lies what then are these principles and sometimes we go back to our way of understanding or our metaphysical assumptions wherein we garner from these in order to make way into how we conduct ourselves in our actions. In this paper then, I will explicate Bertrand