Skip to main content

Seeds from the Ashes


                Nature has her ways to do a facelift. Her course is violent. To create a homeostasis coming from too much carbon footprints needs to have catastrophe. The catalyst brings chaos, the catalyst is chaos and as every night that passes by comes the dawn, just like every storm that brings tranquility also is forest fire to new life. The wheel that governs birth and rebirth must have suffering in between, at worst death. Pain and joy are indeed two sides of the same coin and in this case we always hearken to joy as the consequent and the last. A moment’s triumph is felt in its prime after a monumental struggle. These are inexorable laws of nature and I am bound by such determinism.

                A perfect family does not exist. Error should be an outcome coming from an incapacity that is not willed but allowed since it is beyond control. However, to amply choose the devil’s card as one’s fate, role in life that is one selfless act as it defiles oneself for the wisdom of the other. However, still I am scarred with such mindset but have already seen the light from that willed dark. Where I came to be and grew up is filled with broken bottles, aroma of a brothel, noise of a cockpit and countries that have not yet ended a conflict.

                I remembered the wisdom of my sister and I am deeply affected by her realization for it is also the truth I found. Happiness became our enemy because we never felt it died out in a mere passing of time just like a cup of hot coffee kept untouched. No, it’s a crown given but dethroned a few minutes later. A symphony that was maliciously stopped contrast to a soothing decrescendo. We have been allergic to happiness for the very reason it spelled imminent tumult thereafter. Eating the best part but eventually vomited. Yes! Birthdays were brothels. Social celebrations are no way different. That is why, we never see what it is to be happy in a layman’s perspective.  Social gatherings, events, days of worth have become a stimulus telling us of what disaster predictably and surely will come in no more than a complete blink of a smile.

                From that fire, we learned that there is a kind of happiness beyond conventional occasions. We learned the hard way although be it of an enlightening moment but that stirred us to find our sun as the dark moon dominates. We have greatly learned from out worst experience, but the nail driven to our hearts are not yet removed. We have learned but have not yet forgiven. The scar of being aloof to happiness is a scar we rejoice for we see a higher one, yet we still cannot forgive.

                Is it not exciting that you are told to go to a park, to a beach, to a mall, to a movie, to a random place? How that excitement fades to sadness and in sadness, fear, stress and trauma. Trauma of the scent, trauma of the noise, trauma of thumps and trauma of being to see happiness in a meager way.

                I am now married and my happiness is not centered in imitating the forest fire I came from. The happiness I found is peace, no brothel, no cockpit, no demilitarized zones. The silence enjoyed when being with someone dear. Yes, that is the happiness I came to realize I enjoy. After the noise, I love to hear nothing and see my wife present and not angry. But in this humble realization of a happiness I just found, a happiness of having a family without that huge of a pitiful forest flame has been a stumbling block for me. Again, I have never felt so happy to be with someone that I do not argue as how they’d hellishly argued, nor smelled as how they smelled. Someone that is caring, soft, humble than that of the personalities that I came into traumatic contact with. Yet, with this one, I failed to cater to her needs, the need to fly, the need to see the world. For that is her happiness and I am lax about it, for I still bask the comfort I have found of having this loving peace with her. A peace that I dreamt of when I was still holding my sister away from shattered bottles. I have found my redemption in proving a new world with the canvass given to me and that is not to repeat a history close to memory. Her silence, her presence, her soft voice soothes me and the peace along with it makes me feel complete. But I have been incompetent, negligent of what is to be romantic. I am, my stares, my hugs, my jokes, my annoying tease yes this is the romantic me. A flower may die, but my hug warms and is available until my last breath. A hug I truly needed when I was young, but a hug I really can give to her.


                I am banging my head, teaching myself actually how to be romantic for her not just romantic to her. I am struggling, I am being complacent with the peace I have with her. I understood her needs, I am still trapped. I am to be strong, but my mind is an every battle. The seed is yet to sprout after the flame. It is still in love with the ceasefire it has. Let me grow for her. I struggle. Am I really enough for her? I have been lazy. Still sleeping after the fire.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Article Review on Elinita Garcia's "Gabriel Marcel: Primary and Secondary Reflection"

Summary:             Gabriel Marcel is a known French existentialist. His co-Frenchman, Jean-Paul Sartre, distinguished existentialism into two which were coined as  atheistic  and  theistic  (Christian) wherein Sartre did mention Marcel as part of the latter in lecture on Existentialism a Humanism . Marcel is a Christian existentialist because he included the divine even amidst the infamous perception of existentialism as godless. Moreover, he is also known for his non-systematic philosophy where he pointed out that the philosophical discipline starts from where one is (referring to the particularity of the situation); therefore, it is not from metaphysical assumptions or already laid down theories.             Marcel’s thoughts talk about the importance and the necessity of reflection wherein he divides it into two as a) primary reflection and b) secondary reflection. Reflection for Marcel is “nothing other than attention, i.e. directed towards this sort of small break

Fin?

  Last 2012, there were hearts on fire that both had their first shared flame in an unlikely place. I was thirsty for love coming from being dormant while she was searching for a redemption from a series of broken hearts. Both struggled to find their place. Both trying to live their lives free from the hideous chains of a dark home. I must admit that I fell for her beauty and add to that, her care. As we both clasped our hands, it was a committed long shot to have the perfect rest for our hearts. It was a bit strange to have an affair under the noses of all that is forbidden both profession and a line of faith. Nothing was wrong as long both were in the ecstasy of love – no malice, no foul play, no trespassing of wills. That moment was a perfect episode in a romantic film – one where young love sprang amidst treacherous circumstances. We lived through the happiness of newfound belongingness and the battle of keeping that alive. 4 years before the wedlock were filled with ups and do

Bertrand Russell and the Sense of Sin

Introduction             Ethics is this study of what is good and what is bad and throughout the course of history it had also its shares of disputes and animosities. But beneath all of it is that ethics is a means in order to arrive at happiness or the good life. Because we have to act correspondingly or in a certain manner wherein we can get to attain harmony within ourselves especially regarding to our conscience or in harmony with others in order to keep relationships or ultimately to preserve one’s self or to attain such security whether externally and that is in relation with others or internally or personal satisfaction. Our actions are guided by principles of which we take actions correspondingly but the question lies what then are these principles and sometimes we go back to our way of understanding or our metaphysical assumptions wherein we garner from these in order to make way into how we conduct ourselves in our actions. In this paper then, I will explicate Bertrand